On March 8th, international women’s day, the 2-day event ‘Power of Women, Women of Power’ will start in Amsterdam. Jacqueline Prins, Director Gender and LGBTI Equality of the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, will open the international conference.
The conference is an initiative of Planet Hope Netherlands, organised together with Women Economic Forum, Kavitha Foundation and ROC Mondriaan. Students of ROC Mondriaan receive and serve the participants, as a training on the job.
Register by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a notification.
PROGRAM FRIDAY 8 MARCH
10:00 – Opening photo exhibition and keynote speech by Jacqueline Prins, Director Gender and LGBTI Equality of the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
10:15 – 11:15 Position of men and women in the labor market: equal or not?
Inspirational speeches by
– Hans de Boer, president of the Confederation of Netherlands Business and Employers VNO-NCW
– Mariëtte Hamer, president of the Social and Economic Counsil of the Netherlands (SER)
– Maritza van Russel, chair woman Etnic Business Women Netherlands (EZVN)
– Brigitte Laukens, director Hotel and Facility Management ROC Mondriaan
Discussion led by journalist Sandra van der Steen with:
– Carmen Breeveld, chairwoman Women Entrepeneurs Netherlands
– Koen de Snoo, leadership trainer
– Youssef Boutachekourt, author Exploring Cultural Diversity
– Col Prevoo, psychologist
11:15 – 11:45 Coffee and networking break
11:45 – 13:00 Workshops round 1 (see below)
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 15:15 Women in healthcare and caregiving
Inspirational speeches by:
– Deirdre Beneken Kolmer, professor Family Care, The Hague University for Applied Sciences
– Dr. Saskia Duijs, researcher VU Medical Center, gender in-equality in healthcare
– Harbeen Arora, Women Economic Forum
Discussion led by journalist Sandra van der Steen and interaction with the public.
15:30 – 16:30 Workshops round 2 (see below)
16:30 – 17:45 #Metoo: what is sexually permissible and what is cross-border?
Presentation by Richard Korver, lawyer
Discussion led by journalist Sandra van der Steen with:
– Janine Janssen, professor of Violence in Dependency Relations at Avans university for applied sciences
– Richard Korver, laywer
PROGRAM SATURDAY 9 MARCH
10:00 – 11:30 Emancipation in international perspective
Speech by Kathleen Ferrier, former member of Dutch parliament and
Honorary Professor at the Asian University for Women in Bangladesh.
Discussion led by journalist Sandra van der Steen with representatives of Dutch and international NGO’s:
11:30 – 12: 45 100 years of women’s suffrage in The Netherlands
– Willemien Koning, Dutch UN women’s representative 2018 and chairwoman LTO Vrouw & Bedrijf
– Kavita Parbhudayal, Deputy Mayor The Hague, alderman for Care, Youth and Public Health
– Hilde de Groot, alderman for Sustainability in Houten
Discussion with the public led by journalist Sandra van der Steen.
WORKSHOPS 8 & 9 MARCH
Showing and making use of the power of women in teams (only 8 March)
Led by Brigitte Laukens, director Hotel and Facility Management, ROC Mondriaan
The power of storytelling in leadership
Led by Jane Turner (in English)
March 8 – 10:00- 18:00 hrs
- The Future of Business, Entrepreneurship, & Investing in the Light of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Education of Women Leads to Community Development
- Reinvention: 3 Ways to Navigate Uncertainty Successfully
- Empowering the Social Good: Vibrant Civil Societies
- How to Thrive in a World of Continuous Disruption
- Revolutionize: The Importance of Purpose, Potential, Brand for Success
- Unlock Your Inner Confidence & Show Up As The Authentic You
- Connecting with Self and Discovering the Power within
- Feeding the Future: The Changing Landscapes of Food & Agriculture
- How Women can Create Value for Themselves & Succeed
March 9 – 10:00- 18:00 hrs
- Running Successful Businesses: All it Takes
- Natures Wisdom, Our Ability to Create Health & Wellness without Big Pharma
- Mindfulness Leading to Wellness
- The Power of Story Telling in Leadership
- Social Entrepreneur : Defining the New Age Leadership
- Social Safety for Women: Addressing the Gap
- Social Entrepreneur : Defining the New Age Leadership Reverse Mentoring, Learning from our Children
Women Economic Forum
The ‘Power of Women, Women of Power’ conference is associated with the Women Economic Forum (WEF). The WEF is an multinational platform enabling women and leaders from all walks of life worldwide to expand business opportunities and enhance personal influence through networking across borders while being inspired by some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, authors, thought leaders and celebrities.
Photo challenge and exhibition
During the conference the photo exhibition ‘Power of Women’ will be opened. The exhibition will show the 10 most powerful photo’s that represent the theme, selected by a professional jury of the photo challenge ‘Power of Women’. After the conference in Amsterdam, the photo exhibition will travel through the Netherlands.
How to take part?
Submit your photo(s) representing the theme ‘Power of Women’ by adding the hashtag #PoW_PhotoExhibition and tagging @PoWWoPconference on Instagram. Submit old and new shots before February 28th. Winners will be anounced on March 1st.
The jury will select the 10 best photo’s representing the theme ‘Power of Women’. The jury members are:
– Paul van Wijngaarden (mobile photographer)
– Maarten Laupman (photograper)
– Aad Speksnijder (publisher photography books)
– Silvia Struik (photographer)